Masonry Magazine’s May 2012 edition features a case study for the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Usonian house on the campus of Florida Southern College. The article is one the many results of a public relations engagement between the college and Third Wing to promote the FLW installation.
As noted in the article, Wright designed a total of 18 buildings and other structures for Florida Southern College, of which 12 were built between 1938 and 1959. Landmarks among the 12 structures completed are the 160-foot-diameter Water Dome, the Annie Pfeiffer Chapel, the 1.5 miles of covered esplanades, and the Danforth Chapel. The last structure built, completed in 1958, was the Polk County Science Building, housing the world’s only Wright-designed planetarium.
His relationship with the college represents the longest commission in his career.
Read the article in its entirety here.